Mission: FirstIgnite is developing the best-in-class software tool in the commercialization and innovation space to bring world-changing research to those capable of driving it forward.
Company Status: FirstIgnite currently services universities and corporations around the world to help drive engagement between scientific research and industry. We have the most efficient software and process for making sense of complicated scientific research and quickly connecting that research with commercialization partnership opportunities.
Responsibility Statement: The sales and marketing intern is responsible for supporting all efforts related to sales and marketing.
FirstIgnite supports researchers capable of changing the world. We’re seeking someone who will go above and beyond to begin the creation process of powerful outside relationships for our partners.
- Prospect new sales leads using internet search for our university products.
- Prospect new sales accounts using various company databases for our corporate products.
- Conduct market research on companies to support our university marketing activities.
- Support the Director of Partnerships by executing LinkedIn outreach to sales leads.
- Follow the repeatable processes which have been created.
- Provide quick and actionable feedback to the product development team in order to continuously improve the functionality and effectiveness of the FirstIgnite platform.
- Background and Education: We’re looking for an ambitious individual with 0-2 years of sales or business development experience. Sales and marketing degrees are preferred but all backgrounds are welcome to apply. This is a fantastic resume-building position that can be leveraged into new roles in the future.
- Mission-Oriented: We take our mission seriously. Our leadership team is driven by the understanding that if we do our job successfully, we will play a small part in helping make the world a better place. It’s important our entire team is passionate about the mission.
- Willingness to Learn: We work with very complex technologies. You do not need to be an expert on any individual technology, but you will constantly be learning enough from our clients in order to share the story of that technology with the world.